Friday, May 28, 2010

Tony's retirement from the Navy

Even though this weekend is dedicated to our fallen heroes, this note and pictures from one of our wine club members, a living hero, is worth sharing:


Denise;

Good day from the right coast. Last week I retired from the Navy after 25 years of service. I remember from our past discussions, you always wondered what I did…so here is a little taste. The attached photos were taken in front of one of my Riverine Assault Boats. The bad ass looking machine gun in the background is a MK-44 GAU electric mini-gun which fires 3000 rounds per minute. My wife Diane and son Jonathan are in the second photo. Enjoy!

Tony







Congratulations Tony & Family!
============================================
For those of you that did not see my Memorial Day posts from a year ago, please click on these:


http://pinanapavalley.blogspot.com/2009/05/memorial-day-weekend-2009-at-vets-home.html

No comments: