Monday, October 10, 2011

Armed forces visitors

I gave a short tasting/tour at the winery last week for a group of 6 people. It was planned weeks in advance. It's not something I do often. I prefer that our visitors get a chance to taste with people that really know their wines... our wine educators.


Two young men in that group are serving in our Armed Forces. One was a veteran of Iraq, the other a veteran of Afganistan.  They will both be returning to their respective assignments.  I thanked them for serving our country, and one of them gave me this hat.  My thanks paled in comparison to what I was given. 



Godspeed, gentlemen.  Stay safe!

2 comments:

Steve said...

Ranndy,

Our son Sam is assigned to Al Asad Airbase a this time with the Army. I know it is a large base, but any reference to it or either of the overseas war zones brings me to attention.

Thank you for sharing.

Ranndy Piña said...

Steve,
Yes, Steve, their contributions deserve attention from all of us.
I hope that Sam is back stateside, soon.
Ranndy