Thursday, April 30, 2009

My good friend, Joe Bauer, takes pictures



To say “My good friend, Joe Bauer, takes pictures” seems an understatement.
Joe does Structural Engineering and is blessed with a variety of artistic talents,
only one of which is photography.

I could go on, but he tells it better, both in words & pictures.

Joe Bauer:

This is a sample of the types of photos I often take.


As a hobbyist, I enjoy taking photos in the many small towns and farmlands along quiet two lane country roads.


Most of my photos are more the result of my travels rather than the purpose of my travels.
My wife Lori and I are both from the era when on a sunny summer weekend Mom would make sandwiches and Dad would load all the kids into the back of the station-wagon to "go for a ride".


We loved it then and still love it now.


These days when the urge strikes, we pack-up some cheese, bread and wine to head out in search of a back road that we have not yet explored.


Along the way we make sure to stop often and take lots of photos to remember our travels.




On occasion a nice photo is a bonus to the trip. With so many beautiful places in and around Napa Valley it's never hard to find a great photo opportunity.


It's a real treat that Pina Cellars is allowing me to share some of my photo memories with others.
===============================
Joe will have a small collection of his pictures on display this Sunday during our participation in the: Rutherford Passport Weekend Spring Event

For more information:
http://rutherford-appellation-wineries.com/wineries.php
===========================
Joe’s pictures will be on display Sunday, with Joe & Lori standing by.

Please stop by and say Hello
Lori (AKA Sis), Joe & Cindy (AKA My better half)

No comments: