Friday, February 12, 2010

Remembering Charles Roy - Strong, Decent & Ethical

I'm going to turn 60 later this year. I think most people my age have thought about how they might be remembered when they are gone.

In today's Napa Valley Register, Pierce Carson wrote a column about Charles Roy. 

Charles Roy passed away on January 30th, 2010.  Charles was a client of Piña Vineyard Management. But he was more than just a client.

His obituary didn't tell the whole story:
http://www.napavalleyregister.com/news/local/obituaries/article_a7a05a38-13b8-11df-81d0-001cc4c03286.html

So it was nice to see Pierce's column go beyond the obituary:
http://www.napavalleyregister.com/lifestyles/food-and-cooking/wine/columnists/pierce-carson/article_7e846abc-1797-11df-988a-001cc4c03286.html

I was not as close to Charles as many folks here, including my brother John, who remembered him this way in the comment section of Pierce's column:

Charles was an amazing man. His enthusiasm was always present, even in difficult times. I will always remember him as a strong, decent, ethical man; a joy to work with and to call a friend.

John C. Piña

No comments: